I bet you’re looking for a quick n’ easy meal prep that solves the “’what’s for dinner tonight?” dilemma. Avocado Black Bean Edamame Corn Salad beckons. Pair this salad with a complimentary dish that suits your taste buds or eat it solely, for a simple dinner. Dilemma solved.
And speaking of dilemmas, how do you choose from the varied threads of food advice to settle on the ones you’d like to follow? My good friend Mindy Theroux say that some people suggest 3 packs a day — not cigarettes, but protein, in pack-of-cards sized portions. Another close buddy, Harriet Sugar Miller, advises a plant-based diet, low in protein, especially animal protein, and long, overnight fasts. Brian Kateman came up with the term “Reducetarian,” for those of us cutting at least 10% of the meat from our diet. How do you decide upon your food style?
Avocado Black Bean Edamame Corn Salad
- 1 can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 8 oz shelled edamame beans, sold frozen
- 8 oz sweet corn kernels, previously frozen
- 1 jar Trader Joe’s Corn Salsa or Stonewall Kitchen’s Corn Relish
- 1 – 2 avocados, diced
In a medium-sized bowl, combine ingredients, except for avocado. Refrigerate, covered for 1 – 24 hours to let flavours mingle. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before serving. Gently fold in avocado. Serve on a platter for best effect. Keeps well in refrigerator for a few days. Serves about 6 to as many as 20 small portions in a buffet style meal.
- Many thanks to Mindy Theroux for bringing this wonderful Avocado Black Bean Edamame Corn Salad recipe to my attention. It’s Mindy’s potluck standby.
- This is bound to be a stressful week, so have a listen to Adele sing Someone Like You from these 10 most relaxing songs of all time.
- Watch Brian Kateman‘s Ted Talk proposing a Reducetarian food style.