What could be better than a wonderful spinach dip? Two wonderful spinach dips! Maybe someone you care about doesn’t love curry. Maybe that’ll keep you from making Curried Spinach even though you long to sample it again and again. Hearts of Palm Spinach Nachos is rather far from my #2 new year resolution, but hey, we’re talking potluck here, not dinner for two!
Hearts Of Palm Spinach Nachos
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained
- 1 14-oz can hearts of palm, drained, coarsely chopped
- 2 T butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 c grated Parmesan cheese (2 oz)
- 1 c grated Manchego cheese (2 oz)
- 1/4 c crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 c mayonnaise
- 1 c 2% plain yogurt
- freshly ground black pepper
- tortilla chips
In a small pot, sauté butter and garlic, stirring for 30 seconds until fragrant. Add spinach, hearts of palm, cheese, mayonnaise, yogurt and pepper, stirring to combine.
Add 2 cups of water to a medium-sized pot. Place the small pot with the spinach dip inside the larger pot. Heat over medium heat for 15 minutes, lifting the small pot occasionally to stir. Serve over a bed of tortilla chips for a full on nacho experience or next to a bowl of chips as a party dip.
Hearts of Palm Spinach Nachos Print Ready Recipe
- Hearts of Palm Spinach Nachos is adapted from Creamy Spinach and Artichoke Dip in Marilyn Haugen’s 175 Best Instant Pot Recipes cookbook.
- Did I just canvas 16 guests at a holiday potluck party to get their approval of Hearts of Palm Spinach Nachos? Yes, and it’s another show stopper.
- Here’s my favourite new cooking message of 2017 – Jacques Pepin says that following a recipe can lead to disaster!
Jovina Coughlin says
I never would have thought to use palm hearts for an appetizer. Great idea.
Jittery Cook says
Thanks Jovina. It was different from the usual artichoke hearts.