What, another lentil recipe? I’ve been eating lentils for every meal and snacking on them between meals all because of the Canadian Lentil Recipe Contest.
If you are reading this then you must be a Jittery Cook fan and you probably want to help me win this contest. Please click on this link to the Canadian Lentil FB page and ‘Like‘ this Chocolatey Lentil Crunch along with the Bloody Mary Lentil Soup.
Did you know that lentils are so satisfying that they will reduce your cravings for everything but more lentils?
Chocolatey Lentil Crunch
- 1 c green or brown lentils, soaked overnight
- 1/4 c sweetener (coconut sugar, brown sugar, coconut nectar or maple syrup)
- 2 T coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 c unsweetened cacao or cocoa powder
- 2 t cinnamon
- 1/4 t sea salt
Cover a large baking pan with parchment paper. Lay lentils out and remove any foreign bits. Rinse the lentils in a strainer, then cook in a pot of water on medium high, stirring occasionally, until tender but not mushy. It can take from 10-20 minutes, depending on type and freshness. Rinse in cold water and drain well.
Preheat oven to 380F.
Place the lentils on baking pan covered with parchment paper and add all ingredients. Mix well. Bake spread out for about 30 minutes, stirring and shaking the pan every few minutes until crunchy. Cool and snack on the Chocolatey Lentil Crunch or eat them along with the following:
2% Greek yogurt and fruit
Oat Bran Cereal, fruit and 2% Greek yogurt
Oatbrancakes, fruit, 2% Greek yogurt and maple syrup
Baked apple or apple sauce with 2% Greek yogurt.
Trail mix or Great Granola.
- Here’s everything you need to know about lentils.
- Here are 10 surprising things you can do every day to benefit your brain.
- Remember, your support can put Jittery Cook on the contest award-winning podium. Click here and ‘Like‘ the Cacao Lentil Crunch and the Bloody Mary Lentil Soup. Thanks!!!