The world could use a good spring cleaning. How about a peaceful transition to democracy from dictatorship? Watch Pablo Larraín‘s ‘No‘ to see an artistic interpretation of despot ousting in in Chile two decades ago.
We can spring clean our countries, our cities and our homes. Let’s start today with ourselves. Nothing spring cleans like oat bran–“but you have to drink a lot of water or else your pipes will get clogged,” warns Harriet Sugar Miller.
- 1/2 c oat bran
- 1/2 c 2% plain Greek yogurt, or vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 c egg whites
- 1 rounded T each chia seeds, hemp seeds and ground flax seeds (optional)
- a little freshly ground black pepper & sea salt
- t coconut oil
In a small bowl, combine the oat bran and the yogurt. Add in the egg whites, seeds and seasoning.
Heat coconut oil on medium in a non-stick pan. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook oat brancakes 3 or 4 at a time, gently spreading and flattening the batter after you spoon it into the pan. Flip each oat brancake as the batter bubbles. Makes 12 small pancakes. Serves 4. Freezes well.
Single Serving Oat Brancake
- 2 T oat bran
- 2 T 2% Greek yogurt
- 1/4 c egg whites
- 1 t each chia seeds, hemp seeds and ground flax seeds (optional)
- a little sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 t coconut oil
Oat Brancake Garnishes
- 1 t per serving maple syrup or coconut palm nectar
- fresh fruit
Oat Brancakes Print Ready Recipe
- The original recipe for Oat Brancakes is the brainchild of Pierre Dukan, who wrote the Dukan Diet, just 10 years ago. I’m not for or against any diets, but thought that this homemade, healthy ingredient, tasty pancake would make a nice change from all my Chia Porridge, Muesli Breakfasts.
- I may be for The Fast Diet. Am liking the 5:2 ratio. Any comments?
- Want more spring cleaning tips?
- Do you know 38 ways to stick to exercise? I’m liking #18.
- Thanks to my good friend Jojo for sending in the Oat Brancake recipe. Anybody out there have a special favourite to share?
- And a very merry spring cleaning to you!
- High-Fiber Diet Helps Heart Too, Expert Says (news.health.com)
- 10 Foods That Lower Blood Sugar (eatandbeatcancer.wordpress.com)
- Whole Wheat Pancakes for one (naturallyella.com)
- Flip for Flapjacks: Heart Healthy Whole Wheat Pancakes Recipe (bestrongbefit.wordpress.com)
- A Short Guide to Spring Cleaning Your HEART (thelifemeblog.wordpress.com)
- Spring Clean Your Gadgets With These 10 Weird Products (mashable.com)
peggyannturnerPeggy Ann Turner says
Delicious! Served them with blueberries and maple syrup. Thank you for this.
Jittery Cook says
Thanks Peggy Ann! I’m loving your art work on FB!
Eric Botner says
Love your humor 🙂
Eric Botner President / Founder http://www.earthcircleorganics.com 530 263 4878.
Jittery Cook says