Read all about it! Don’t miss Susan Schwartz’s Montreal Gazette article, “The down and dirty on salmon.” Almost everything you need to know about which salmon to select for the most omega-3 health value and the least contaminants is there. There are at least 2 more installments pending. Harriet Sugar Miller has done the leg work. All you need to do is absorb the information. For visual learners, take 90 seconds to watch Harriet and her salmon in this informative video.
The Gazette provides the recipe for Gingered Salmon featured in the video.
Spicy Quinoa Mango Salad Ingredients
- 1 c quinoa, rinsed and cooked with 1 1/2-2 cups water, 1 T Red Thai Curry Paste (The brand in the link is not crazy spicy), sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 c red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small mango, finely chopped
- 1 small cucumber, finely chopped
- 1/2 c parsley, finely chopped
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 t honey
Cool the cooked quinoa for 5-10 minutes. Add the red pepper, mango, cucumber and parsley. Season to taste with salt, pepper and honey. Serve with your favorite salmon recipe.
- Harriet will be publishing a salmon information summary within the next 2 weeks. She’ll really simplify everything–go through each choice and tell you how much to eat and what to eat to get the recommended omega-3s. I’ll keep you posted.
- As for the feared BPA, Harriet will be publishing on which cans are best some time soon.
- Have you seen Kacey Rose Baines in “Powerlifting’s new breed” in The Gazette? She is Montreal’s finest personal trainer.
- The winner of the Organic Chocolate Covered Cacao Nibs Draw is ……Liz Joffe!!!! Congratulations Liz!
- Run don’t walk to the nearest movie theatre showing Salmon Fishing in the Yemen. It will make you laugh, cry and forget what needs to be forgotten. And the main character’s name? Harriet.
- The Red Thai Curry Paste was purchased at Super C. I get around.
- I am waiting anxiously to hear about the Canadian Lentil contest winner. Keeping my fingers crossed! They are just now compiling a lentil recipe e-book.