Truth be told, I’m lazy. I have a minimal amount of energy that I need to spend carefully — to accomplish tasks and to enjoy living. If there’s a quick and easy way to get dinner on the table, I’m in.
The Instant Pot is feeding my slothful ways. It’s like having a clever helper working away while I attend to other duties. This Cauliflower Black Bean Soup uses the slow cooker function and virtually cooks itself. Not one to exaggerate, I admit: I stirred it once.
Cauliflower Black Bean Soup – Diced Avocado Garnish
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 cauliflower, cut bite-sized
- 4 new potatoes, peeled, cut bite-sized
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 c soup stock (organic chicken bone broth used here)
- 1 t ground cumin
- 2 t Vegeta seasoning, or your favourite seasoning
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 14-oz can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 refrigerated avocados, diced just before serving to preserve colour
In your Instant Pot or slow cooker, add all ingredients except the beans and the avocado. Set the timer for 7 hours on low heat. If using an Instant Pot, set the release valve to venting. Serve soup hot, garnished with black beans and avocado. The cold, creamy avocado makes a wonderful contrast to the hot luscious soup.
Cauliflower Black Bean Soup – Diced Avocado Garnish Print Ready Recipe
- I like to ripen my avocados on the countertop, then store them in the refrigerator until I need them. They keep a long time and are ready when I am.
- Wondering what black beans might do to boost your health?
- Looking for a farfetched romance to keep you laughing out loud while dinner cooks itself? Try Catastrophe. It’s ridiculous, but totally engaging. Season 1 got 100% on the tomatometer and season 2 was said to be the best show on Amazon.
Jovina Coughlin says
Looks healthy and delicious. Lots of great ingredients.
Jittery Cook says
So easy and healthy and tasty all at once.
Sonia Ribaux says
Good combo. Looks delicious!
Jittery Cook says
Really good combo! I like having just a few beans, mostly veggies and the avocado ties everything together.