Don’t you love a cocktail party with nothing but appetizers and drinks? Perhaps a little karaoke, dancing, good friends? Serve these Veggie Pâté Hors d’Oeuvres, and watch them disappear between songs, twirls and banter.
Delicious, nutritious, auspicious—They’ll foretell the success of your gathering! I thought that making them in mini-muffin tins would promote portion control. Alas, I cannot tell a lie. I’m pretty sure I ate six of them.
Veggie Pâté Hors d’Oeuvres
- 1 each peeled potato, onion, carrot, grated in a processor
- 5 mushrooms, grated
- 1/2 lemon, juice and zest
- 1 c sunflower seeds, finely processed to a powder
- 1/4 c each oat bran, whole wheat flour
- 1/2 c nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 T olive oil, tamari
- 1/4 t each thyme, sage, basil, cayenne, freshly ground pepper
- 1 t sea salt
- 1 1/2 c boiled water
Preheat oven to 350F. Add lemon juice to grated vegetables, then mix in all remaining ingredients except for the water. Add the water, stirring well, then bake in mini-muffin tins, lightly sprayed with oil, for 1 hr. Makes 30 mini Veggie Pâtés, enough to serve 10. Serve hot, warm or cold with toast, crackers, raw veggies or simply on their own, like two-bite brownies.
Veggie Pâté Hors d’Oeuvres Print Ready Recipe
- Thanks to my gourmet colleague, Susie Martin, for suggesting Danièle Starenkyj‘s Veggie Pâté from the 1985 edition of Le bonheur du végétarisme. With a few jittery changes, these Veggie Pâté Hors d’Oeuvres emerged.
- You can also make this Veggie Pâté in a loaf pan or an 8-inch square pan, then cut into slices.
- For a super smooth texture blend all the ingredients in your processor just before adding the water—Excellent either way.
- Don’t be shy to serve these little puppies as a healthy Hanukkah treat. They are like high protein, high fibre latkes.
- Go nuts: Study ties nuts to a lower risk of death, including from heart disease or cancer
- Wondering how to find out the nutritional values of a recipe in seconds? Check out Calorie Count‘s Recipe Analysis.
- Cocktail Of The Week: Parisian Sunset (pilferedposies.wordpress.com)
- A Cheese-Lover’s Guide to Holiday Appetizers (lifeisgoodeveryday.wordpress.com)
- Fall Hors D’oeuvres Oh My! (oliviakirchman.wordpress.com)
- Holiday Hors d’oeuvres – part I (myethicaleating.com)
- appetizers! (creativeentertainingblog.wordpress.com)
Jovina Coughlin says
This a great recipe to have on hand for a party. If you have vegetarians attending, they will be pleased as well as the nonvegetarians who like different choices than the usual.
Jittery Cook says
I agree. Froze some for a rainy day. Actually, it’s raining right now…
Jueseppi B. says
Reblogged this on The ObamaCrat™.