There is something you can do to get through winter gracefully. You can plan gatherings. You can bring people together, sip wine, nibble and chat. This Feta Walnut Dip will get the party started.
Feta Walnut Dip
- 1 c chopped walnuts
- a handful of fresh parsley
- 1 c crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 c water or milk – or a little less
- 1 small clove garlic
- a little olive oil (optional)
- a few fresh sprigs or a pinch of dried oregano (optional)
Quickly blend the walnuts, garlic and parsley in a blender or food processor. Add the feta and half the water. Blend until smooth. Add more water if needed to get desired consistency. Refrigerate covered. Garnish with a little drizzle of olive oil and oregano. Use as a raw vegetable dip or a spread on bread or crackers. Stuff Feta Walnut Dip into celery or hollowed out cucumbers. Makes about 1¾ cups. Serves 6.
Feta Walnut Dip Print Ready Recipe
- Another work potluck inspired recipe. Thanks to co-worker Susie Martin for her refined palate and good taste! This recipe is adapted from Mollie Katzen, “The Moosewood Cookbook“.
- What are the Best New Products that People Don’t Know About?
- See Jittery Cook‘s Turkey Curry Naan Pizza post and join the Turkey Comfort Food Makeover Contest.
- Spanakopita (scarpettadolcetto.wordpress.com)
- Recipes for Health: Giant Beans With Spinach, Tomatoes and Feta (nytimes.com)
- Rehoboth Beach, DE: Spanakopita (Spinach Pie) (littlelotusblossom.wordpress.com)
- Meatless Monday: Grilled Eggplant, Grape Tomato, and Feta Salad with Basil, Parsley, and Caper Sauce (centerforlivingpeace.wordpress.com)
- Favorite Greek Recipes to enjoy and share on Thanksgiving (eatfittolive.com)
- Marinated lamb kebabs with feta and mint sauce (dolcevitadiaries.com)
- Today’s Recipe: Focaccia with Grapes & Walnuts (williams-sonoma.com)
- Roasted Eggplant and Chickpeas With Cinnamon-Tinged Tomato Sauce and Feta (nytimes.com)
- Feta Salad (caughteating.wordpress.com)
Laura Winer, Dr. says
I keep getting “Page not found”. I want to see the recipe!!!
Laura R. Winer, PhD. | Associate Director, Teaching and Learning Services | 514-398-4232 | http://www.mcgill.ca/tls
Jittery Cook says
I hope I just fixed it. Anybody else have “Page not Found”?