Jittery Cook needs your support in a Lentil Recipe Revelations Challenge. There are two ways you can help (Contest closes March 19, 2012):
This recipe will be judged for appeal, taste, creativity, simplicity and popularity. If Italian Sausage and Lentil Stew garners comments from all the Jittery Cook subscribers, you could collectively make it happen. So, sharpen your tapping fingers and figure out how to fill out that comment form below. Help me if you can; I’m feeling lucky.
Italian Sausage and Lentil Stew Ingredients
- 1 c green lentils
- 3 links Italian sausage, whole or bite size (or any sausage you prefer– mild, spicy, low-fat, vegetarian…)
- 1 28 oz can whole tomatoes, cut irregularly to bite size
- 3 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 T tomato paste
- 1/4 c sun-dried tomatoes in oil, cut into strips (optional)
- 1 bunch flat-leafed parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 c water (or 1/2 beer or water plus 1/4 c white wine)
- 1 t kosher salt
- 1/2 t black pepper
Mix all ingredients, then bake, covered, at 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes. Can also be cooked in a slow cooker on high for 3-4 hours, or until the meat is browned and thoroughly cooked.
Serve with a side of brown rice and roasted asparagus.
- There is nothing quite like a contest to fire up the competitive spirit.
- Italian Sausage and Lentil Stew freezes well.
- If this post manages to win this contest, it will be your jittery coup.