Today feels like limbo. 2012 has begun, but just barely. Time to slowly get back into form and complete the recovery from the holiday hoopla. Enjoy the last brief moments of freedom from routine.
Olive Cheese Melts have been a family staple for years. The bite sized morsels serve as an appetizer. Simple, but praiseworthy. Once you are making them, it’s easy to double the recipe, freezing some for later.
Olive Cheese Melts
- 1 c sliced ripe olives
- 1/3 c green onions, chopped
- 2 c grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 t curry
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/2 c mayonnaise – or a little less
- 8 English muffins, split open
- red pepper flakes (optional)
In a medium-sized bowl, combine topping ingredients and spread on muffins. Bake at 400F for 13 minutes until golden brown and bubbly. Serves 6-8.
Cut in 4 to serve as appetizers. A crowd pleaser at potluck parties. Freezes well after baking.
- In case you had a roaring party and you missed this, PBS aired a live Coldplay Concert, at Austin City Limits, to celebrate the arrival of 2012. It was energetic, powerful and enchanting.
Cookery For Two says
These are great for dinner parties and my upcoming game night – thanks so much for sharing – sure to be trying!
~ Cookery for Two