Are you cutting down on your salt intake? Have you ever tried Herbamare? It’s a brilliant blend of celery, leek, watercress, onions, chives, parsley, lovage, garlic, basil, marjoram, rosemary, thyme and kelp, all grown organically, and has been a staple in Europe and my family for decades.
White Fish with Lemon Brown Butter and Roasted Potatoes
- 2 T flour
- 2 T chopped dill (optional)
- Herbamare sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs fish fillets, cut in half; turbot, haddock, cod
- 1 T olive oil
Preheat oven to 200F.
Mix flour, dill, Herbamare and pepper on a plate or in a bag. Dip fillets into mixture.
Heat a large pan on medium-high heat and add oil. Add fish and sauté a few fillets at a time for a minute per side, then place in the oven to keep warm. Continue with the remainder of the fish, keeping it warm on a platter in the oven until needed. Do not clean pan.
Herbed Bread crumbs
- 1 c fresh bread crumbs, baked at 350F for five minutes or until golden
- 1/2 t each dried oregano, tarragon
- 2 T chopped parsley
- 1 T unsalted butter or olive oil
Add all ingredients to the pan used to cook the fish and toss for a minute or two until browned. Transfer to an ovenproof dish to keep warm while making the Lemon Brown Butter.
Lemon Brown Butter
- 3 T unsalted butter
- 1 T capers
- 2 t lemon juice
- Herbamare sea salt
Heat pan to medium high and add butter. Stir for about 2 minutes until the butter turns brown, then add capers and lemon juice.
Spoon lemon brown butter over fish, sprinkle with bread crumbs and serve. Serves 4.
- 5 medium potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 t each paprika, sumac, Herbamare sea salt
Preheat oven to 400F. Mix all ingredients. Roast potatoes for 45 minutes until done. Serve with this ketchup.
- Inspiration for the fish recipe is from Lucy Waverman’s haddock recipe.
- Thanks to Susie Martin for recommending this version of Roasted Potato.
- To make these irresistible breadcrumbs, I used the heel of a Portuguese bread—a stale one, of course.
- June is Herbamare promotion month—If you haven’t already guessed. Get a jumbo-sized container at Costco and check out the recipe ideas @AVogel_ca and “How do you #Herbamare?”