We all have that friend–the one who isn’t eating dairy, either because she’s kosher, vegan, raw, anti-cancer or lactose intolerant. Pesto Please – Hold the Cheese will satisfy any or of the above and will satisfy cheese lovers, too, because it’s so scrumptious. Eat it on whatever: pasta, sandwiches, veggies, soup, bread. I slathered it over crunchy, lightly steamed cauliflower, grilled fish and new potatoes. Yes my breath smelled like garlic, but so did everyone else’s–and that’s a good thing.
Pesto Please – Hold the Cheese
- 4-6 c stemmed herbs: cilantro, parsley, basil, mint
- 1 c nuts: walnuts, pine nuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 T lemon juice
- 1/2 c really good quality olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Combine the herbs, nuts, lemon and garlic in a processor and process until coarsely chopped. Slowly add olive oil as you pulse the processor. Add a little water, if you need it for the texture. It can be thicker for spreading or thinner as a sauce. Season with salt and black pepper. Refrigerate, covered. Freezes well. Makes 2 cups.
- Contest Alert: To win a Sublime Flavors Olive Oil-Spice Blend Gift Set (value $45), send [email protected] your favourite recipes for sharing on the JC blog. Draw is on June 9, 2013.
- Contact [email protected] by phone, 514-951-5558, web or on FB to order olive oil, spice mixtures and outstanding balsamic vinegar for great tasting pestos, salads and main dishes.
- Thanks to Harriet Sugar Miller of Eat and Beat Cancer for guiding this healthy, tasty pesto recipe.
- Best Mother’s Day present! Adrianne’s art work is in the NADA New York Art Fair! NADA NYC is dedicated to showcasing new art, and to celebrating the rising talents from around the globe.
- Hey everybody! It’s the Countdown to OZ! Buy your tickets now for the May 23rd event of the season. Hope to see you there.
- Roasted Cauliflower Pesto Pasta (jitterycook.com)
- White Bean Pesto Dip (jitterycook.com)
- Tasty Tuesday – Seriously EASY Pesto! (whyallthefuss.net)
- Roast Lamb Recipe With Chargrilled Vegetables & Tapenade & Pesto Recipe (greatbritishchefs.com)
- Wild garlic pesto (walthamstowfoodies.com)
- Pesto-palooza! Ten Ways to Eat Pesto (cookiesandkate.com)
- Making the Best of Pesto (portlandfarmersmarket.wordpress.com)
- Pesto Zucchini Fettuccine (realfoodbusylife.com)