It’s a four letter word, and it isn’t dirty. It’s “diet”. Ok, it’s not a real diet. It’s more of a cleanse. What do you eat when you want to have that swept clean feeling? Salad. Chomp on some Purple Cabbage Salad, and you too will feel enlightened.
Purple Cabbage Salad
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 1/2 c red wine vinegar
- 2 T honey (or sweetener of your choice)
- 2 t sea salt
- 1/2 t black pepper
- 1/4 t onion powder
- 1/2 head red cabbage, very thinly sliced
In a large bowl combine oil, vinegar, honey, salt, pepper and onion powder. Toss cabbage with dressing. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Adjust seasoning if required before serving.
- This recipe was adapted from the Northwoods Inn Purple Cabbage Salad.
- If the usual sweeteners are not your thing, consider substituting apple juice or apple juice concentrate for the honey.
- Serve next to beautifully coloured flowers for a festive look.
- C is for Coleslaw (jimlwright.wordpress.com)
- Cabbage Craving. (ediblehealth.wordpress.com)
- Sunday Recipe: Red Cabbage and Carrot Citrus Salad with Toasted Walnuts (ecosalon.com)
- A Deliciously Adaptable Salad (icanhascook.wordpress.com)
- Eat Well: Japanese Cabbage Pancakes (girlsgonechild.net)