Roasted Tomato Pesto Pasta Dinner Party
- 2 lbs pasta, cooked al dente
- 2 large zucchini, spiralized
Roasted Tomato Pesto
- 2 c pecans or walnuts, toasted for 7 minutes in a pan over medium heat
- 1 c Roasted Tomatoes
- 1 c juice from Roasted Tomatoes
- 1/3 c olive oil
- 2/3 c oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 large garlic cloves, chopped in the food processor
- 1 lemon zested
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 c basil leaves, roughly chopped
- Roasted Tomatoes
- grated Parmesan
- red pepper flakes (optional)
In a food processor, mix pecans, Roasted Tomatoes, roasted tomato juice, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, zest, lemon juice and pepper. Blend briefly. Make a pasta bar with spaghetti, zoodles (zucchini noodles), pesto, Roasted Tomatoes, Parmesan, red pepper flakes and basil. Serves 12 – 14. Perfect satisfying meal with a green salad and warm crusty bread.
- 8 lbs ripe tomatoes, cut into large bite-sized chunks
- olive oil
- Bologna Herbal Sea Salt – sea salt with rosemary, garlic, sage and black pepper
- garlic salt
Preheat oven to 450F.
In two large baking pans, toss tomatoes with olive oil to coat lightly, season liberally with Bologna Herbal Sea Salt and garlic salt, toss, then spread in a single layer.
Bake for 20 minutes then turn. Bake for another 20 minutes or until you see some browning. Strain and reserve juice. Makes 10 cups of Roasted Tomatoes and a cup of tomato juices.
Spoon the Roasted Tomatoes into a bowl and serve them as a dip with crackers and goat cheese, or on toasted baguette, like bruschetta. Use the juice from the Roasted Tomatoes for the Roasted Tomato Pesto.
- Stock up now on Bologna Herbal Sea Salt also called Seasonello. So far I’ve seen it selling at Les Douceurs du Marché at Atwater Market and at the Magasin Général in Val David.
- Tired of zoodles? Substitute baked spaghetti squash for the zucchini noodles.
- For a seafood slant, garnish Roasted Tomato Pesto Pasta with sautéed shrimp.