- 1 c grated cucumber, grated, well strained (comes to 1/2 cup after squeezing all the water out)
- 1 c 2% plain Greek yogurt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1/2 t kosher salt
- 1 T chopped dill
In a medium-sized bowl, combine all ingredients and chill.
Black Beluga Lentil Salad with Tzatziki
- 1 c cooked lentils
- 1 c arugula
- 1/2 c halved cherry tomatoes or chopped cucumber
- 1/4 c crumbled feta
- 2 T chopped dill
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 T tzatziki
- 1 T each lemon juice, olive oil
Although Tanya wants us to arrange this salad in a mason jar, I prefer a horizontal pose to emphasize its beauty. In a shallow bowl, place arugula on the bottom, make a mountain of lentils in the center, distribute the tomatoes and feta around the lentils. Indent the top of the lentil mountain with the back of a spoon and fill the indent with tzatziki. Sprinkle on salt, pepper, dill, lemon juice and olive oil. Serves 1 – 2. Delicious with freshly toasted buttered bread — but then again, what isn’t?
Black Beluga Lentil Salad with Tzatziki Print Ready Recipe
- Why legumes? Maybe it’s their spermidine, often called a longevity elixir because it helps your body mop up damaged cells, says Harriet. Why is it called spermidine? Here’s a hint.
- Here’s everything you always wanted to know about lentils.
- Not everyone wants to live forever. Here are 5 reasons why immortality is overrated.
- Aubrey De Grey a Cambridge University researcher, heads the Strategies for Engineered Negligible Senescence (in common terms, aging) project. He has defined seven causes, all of which he thinks can be halted.
- Have you heard One Direction‘s Infinity?
- Then there’s The Man Who Knew Infinity.
What a delicious sounding recipe! And I love the presentation as well.
Where did you find beluga lentils? I’ve never seen them in Montreal.
Jittery Cook says
Found them at Jean Talon Market, the last store on the side street parallel to Jean Talon, at the western tip. They’re organic from http://www.mountainpath.com.
Tom Weber says
Mouthwatering photography to frame a pretty delicious and spectacular recipe. I love lentils. Nicely done!
Jittery Cook says
Thanks so much Tom! It’s such a struggle to bring it all together and such a thrill when appreciated.