Looking for a dinner main that will wow your guests. Look no further than Blackcurrant Rack of Lamb with Homemade Mint Sauce. Julia Richardson, my ultra capable cookin sis, shared her hush-hush lamb prep secrets with me and I’m here to pass them on to each of you.
You’ll be hard pressed to find an easier way to delight dinner party guests. The foolproof combo of sweet but tart blackcurrant jam, savoury meat and vinegary, minty sauce is over the top satisfying. Would you believe that my super accomplished in the kitchen sis is a vegetarian? And yet, she cooks meat for the rest of us with amazing aplomb.
Blackcurrant Rack of Lamb
- 3 racks of lamb, fat mostly removed, meat partially cut into thirds without separating rack
- 1/2 c homemade blackcurrant jam
- sea salt
Homemade Mint Sauce
- 1 bunch mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 heaping t coconut sugar or maple syrup
- 1 1/2 T each seasoned rice vinegar, balsamic vinegar
Preheat oven to 400F.
In a baking pan, coat top and sides of lamb with jam, with plenty in the cut part, then sprinkle on a little sea salt. Roast lamb for 20-25 minutes until done. You’ll have a combination of outer, more well done ribs and inner, more rare ribs. Serves 9.
In a medium-sized jar, just cover mint leaves with boiling water and sugar. Close jar and shake to dissolve sugar. Add vinegar, cover and shake to mix. Refrigerate or place briefly in the freezer to chill before serving. Store in refrigerator.
Blackcurrant Rack of Lamb – Homemade Mint Sauce Print Ready Recipe
- Costco is a good place to find good quality rack of lamb.
- Sauveur has an interesting rack of lamb with rosemary and thyme recipe.
- Keep it healthy folks — Lamb is red meat and we’re only supposed to have 8 ounces of red meat once a week.
Jovina Coughlin says
Looks delicious. Bet that was a great dinner.
Jittery Cook says
Thanks Jovina. Simple and delicious. Great mix of flavours. Loved finding out how to make homemade mint sauce.
Marivel Vicario says
As I see author has ground knowledge it the topic as well as some practical expertise.
Such sort of info is more favorable than copypasted blog articles ideas.