How do you know it’s summer for real? Aside from the date on the calendar, it’s the tangy tasting, refreshing gazpacho that tips you off. Forget smoothies and stop worrying about getting enough vegetables. Simply sip on a cup full of Laura’s Gazpacho and let the good times roll.
If you don’t count the dressing, Laura’s Gazpacho has just 3 ingredients. If you do count the dressing, add just three more. ( I refuse to count water. ) All are staples — or they should be — except for the very ripe tomatoes, which take a little planning. That means you can make this soup almost any old-time for practically no reason at all, just because it tastes fantastic and you want to. That’s what I call “lawfully good.”
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 English cucumber – or 6-7 Israeli cucumbers, roughly chopped
- 3 lbs very ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1/2 c each red wine vinegar, fruity olive oil
- 1/4 c water
- 1 t fine sea salt – such as Baleine
Process garlic, cucumber and salt in a food processor. Gradually add tomatoes and continue processing until almost smooth, keeping some texture. Add the vinegar and water and mix well. Refrigerate. Keeps well for several days. Stir before serving. Makes 8 cups. Serves 8-10, or a big gang in tall shot glasses.
Laura’s Gazpacho Print Ready Recipe
- Thanks to my good friend, Laura Winer, for bringing this super easy, super delicious gazpacho to our bookclub potluck dinner. There were so many delicious dishes to sample, but Laura’s Gazpacho really hit the spot — a light, satisfying foil to all the luxurious party fare.
- Laura used Ponti red wine vinegar and recommends Spanish olive oil — Costco’s Kirkland Spanish olive oil or Carbonel, available at Libraria Espanol on Boulevard St Laurent.
Jovina Coughlin says
Looks delicious and easy.
Jittery Cook says
I always love a good gazpacho. Most of them have way more ingredients. Glad to have a simple, healthy soup/appetizer recipe you can make in minutes.
Sheila Ostroff says
Thanks to you, I’ve enjoyed this recipe all summer.
Love your food blog.
Jittery Cook says
Made it a few days ago with fresh, fresh local produce. Fantastic. So glad you like JC and love the testimonial!