Don’t you love it when people get married — especially when it’s clearly a good match? And who can resist the marriage of flavours in wonderful recipes? I would eat just about anything broiled with this Parmesan Topping. Wouldn’t you?
Parmesan Broiled Halibut Steak
- 1 large inch-thick halibut steak, halved, tips trimmed, bone in
- 1 t olive oil with a little sea salt
- 1/3 c grated Parmesan
- 1 T each softened butter, olive oil, mayonnaise (or more, if you’re not counting calories)
- 2 T lemon or lime juice
- 3 T chopped scallions, or minced red onion
- 1/4 t each sea salt, tabasco
Preheat the oven broiler. Lightly coat a baking pan with olive oil.
Place the halibut steak on the baking pan and brush with olive oil.
Broil the halibut steak for 8 minutes, flipping at half-time.
In a small bowl, combine the Parmesan Topping ingredients.
Coat halibut with the topping and broil 2 minutes. Remove skin and middle bone.
Garnish halibut with pan drippings, chopped chives and extra lemon or lime. Serve with crispy rosemary roasted potatoes and lightly roasted asparagus. Serves 4-6.
Parmesan Broiled Halibut Steak Print Ready Recipe
- Parmesan Broiled Halibut Steak were inspired by Katz66.
- Now you can create you own flavour marriages with Food Pairings.
- Wondering how to prepare for marriage? Here are 10 things you’ll wish you knew.
- You don’t have to look far for the top 10 wedding songs of 2015. Which ones would you select? Here are 4 of my faves.
Jovina Coughlin says
Looks so delicious. A great way to prepare fish.
Jittery Cook says
I’m just getting to know halibut. Wonderful canvas for experimenting with different flavours. Thanks for liking Jovina!