Have you been to a cooking class in your local grocery store? I’ve found fantastic recipes and superb chefs, such as culinary instructor and certified nutritionist Abigail Nagorski, at Whole Foods Market.
Abigail delights everyone with her whole food cookie dough. While I abhor regular cookie dough’s sickeningly, cloyingly sweet flavour and texture, these Cookie Dough morsels are heavenly little balls of nutritious joy.
- 2 c raw cashews, ground to a flour in a Vitamix or a Magic Bullet, not too long or you’ll make butter
- 1 c oat flour, made from oats in a Vitamix or a Magic Bullet
- 3 T honey
- 3 Medjool dates, pitted
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 1/2 t vanilla extract
- 1 c raw cacao nibs
- 1/2 c chopped walnuts
- 1/2 c goji berries, raisins or dried cranberries
In a food processor, mix oat and cashew flour with honey, dates, vanilla and salt.
In a medium-sized bowl, combine the flour mixture with the rest of the ingredients. Make bite-sized balls by squeezing and rolling the mixture. Store in the fridge in a glass jar.
Cookie Dough Print Ready Recipe
- Here’s a little love advice to keep you on your toes.
- And, while prepping for Valentine’s Day, think of all those peeps who are searching for soul mates. Do they know that falling in love is not something that happens to you, but something that you do,
- Now that you figured out that you can make love happen, here are the 36 questions that lead to love. Please let us know how this works out for you.
These are delicious! I am so lucky to have tasted your work. Hope to make them myself next time to dazzle at potluck. Love the balance off sweet, bitter. Salty. I Don,t love too
sweet, and these were simply perfect!
OMG— Crazy Good– Can not- I say can not stop at 1! 3 maybe 🙂
Jittery Cook says
I agree. The real cookie dough has no appeal for me but these treats are irresistible.