Thanksgiving is just around the corner. Butternut Squash Apple Bake is the side dish that will have your family and friends saying “More, please.”
Butternut Squash Apple Bake
- 2 lb butternut squash, peeled, seeded, quartered and cut into thick slices
- 3 apples, peeled, core removed and cut into chunks
- 1 c fresh cranberries
- 3/4 c pecan halves
- 1/3 c coconut or brown sugar
- 3 T butter (1/3 of a stick)
- 1 T flour (for gluten free, omit or use coconut flour)
- 1/2 t sea salt
- 1/2 t ground nutmeg
Preheat oven to 350°F. Put squash cubes in a large baking dish. Place apples on top and then pecans and cranberries. Mix the flour, salt, sugar and nutmeg and sprinkle on top. Dot with butter. Bake 50-60 minutes. Serves 8-10.
Butternut Squash Apple Bake Print Ready Recipe
- Thanks to Krina for bringing this wonderful recipe to a Richardson Hospital pot luck lunch. It was on the dessert table, but may also serve as a festive side dish.
- Butternut Squash: 20 Ways (easypaleo.com)
- Monday Munchies – Creamy Butternut Squash and Apple Breakfast (homegrownjoy.wordpress.com)
- Cooking Butternut Squash | How to Cook Butternut Squash (faithfulprovisions.com)
- Butternut Squash Soup Base (faithfulprovisions.com)
- Butternut Squash Muffins (carriefehr.com)
- butternut squash pasta sauce, with chickpeas (ohshecooks.com)
- Roasted Butternut Squash, Quinoa, and Cranberries (eatrunreadtravel.com)
- Spicy Butternut Squash Soup (freernutrition.typepad.com)
- Red, Itchy, Peeling Hands? Could Be Butternut Squash Dermatitis (thekitchn.com)
looks delicious!! awesome combination of flavours 🙂
and wonderful photos too! 🙂
Reblogged this on The Jackson Diner.
Thanks for linking to my recipe – yours looks great!!!
Jittery Cook says
I’m enjoying all this linking. WWW working magic!
dorothy salomon says
This looks deeelicccious.
Good Food Everyday says
Love it !
Talisha Timmer says
I didn’t have any expectations concerning
that name, but then the more I was amazed. The writer did
a great job. I spent a couple of minutes reading and
assessing the facts. Everything is clear and understandable.
I enjoy posts that fill in your knowledge gaps. This one is of that type.
Moreover, I enjoy how the author organized his thoughts as well as the