Pre Shri Yoga breakfast should be light enough to withstand downward dogs, forward bends and spinal twists, while giving one enough fuel to endure. A little fruit, chia, hemp and ground flax seeds blended into a smoothie with ice, milk and unsweetened, organic, pure cranberry juice. So, when time takes its toll and my memory slips further I’ll be happy to slurp on this any old-time. Enjoy this Smoothie and Pinwheel Appetizers!
- Chopped Egg: hard-boiled eggs – just cooked with bright yellow yolks, finely chopped green onions, a dollop of Dijon, some olive oil mayonnaise, salt & pepper, a handful of organic arugula.
- Goat Cheese: Julia’s splendid, tart, black currant jam (last time I used a gourmet chunky fig spread), and arugula.
- Tuna Spread: chopped dill, green onions, a dollop of Dijon, olive oil mayonnaise, salt, pepper and finely chopped sweet red pepper.
- Chipotle Hummus (Fontaine Santé): shaved carrot strips, sweet red pepper strips, chopped romaine, green onions and finely chopped mint.
- Thanks to Shri Yoga (click to check their website) for inspiring me to eat light. They’ll have an open house September 23-25 – with several FREE CLASSES.
- Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to write me. Blogging is just another way of sharing interests. Nice to know what I have in common with whom.
- Thanks to my brother Eric, Earth Circle Organics for encouraging healthy eating, to my sister Julia Richardson, for being my guiding light in all things food. I call her “Julie & Julia” for obvious reasons.
- A big thanks to my mom who always fed me right and entertained her heart out.
- A big thanks to my dad who supplied us with endless beautiful produce and heaps of love.