I love shopping for food, filling my grocery cart with fresh seasonal produce. But cooking these days is another matter. With so many activities beckoning, I find myself reluctant to cook. My jittery brain starts up with a game: How can I use up all that produce before it spoils?
Pesto is such a useful recipe as it swallows up the parsley and other fresh herbs lurking in the vegetable bin, swoops in the garlic, and pulses it all together with whatever nuts or seeds are handy. Add olive oil, salt and pepper, and maybe or maybe not some parmesan, and checkmate. I won.
Fat Bastard Shrimp
- 1 lb peeled, deveined raw shrimp
- 1/4 c Fat Bastard Chardonnay
- 1/4 c homemade pesto
In a small measuring cup, combine the wine with the pesto. Place the shrimp in a casserole dish. Coat the shrimp with the wine mixture. Marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
Either BBQ or sauté the shrimp for 5 minutes, until just but not overcooked. Serve the shrimp on their own or over pasta with additional pesto as garnish. Serve a big, simple salad on the side. Drink the remainder of the Fat Bastard Chardonnay and be thankful that dinner practically made itself. Serves 4.
Fat Bastard Shrimp Print Ready Recipe
- You must wonder why this recipe calls for Fat Bastard Chardonnay, instead of just white wine. You’d be correct in guessing that the FB wine was sent to JC for sampling. Only reason I accepted the offer is ‘cause I like an excuse to say Fat Bastard — juvenile, but true. Honestly, the Fat Bastard Shrimp were delicious and the Fat Bastard Chardonnay was refreshing and light, citrusy, complex, with subtle nuances… Who am I kidding? I don’t know how to describe wines. It tasted great!
- Disclaimer: Fat Bastard Chardonnay was sent to JC for review. The opinions expressed are genuine.
- When’s the last time you heard Summer Wine?
so here’s my grievance with pesto. I don’t like sitting at the table worrying about green stuff in my teeth. Such a great but socially awkward food! Recipe looks yummy b.t.w.
Jittery Cook says
Haha! I’m not a worrier about green stuff in teeth. Just keep sipping Fat Bastard and it’ll all wash away.
It’s such a great way to flavour shrimp. Can’t believe it took me so long to come up with this plan. Creativity fueled by Fat Bastard!
Jovina Coughlin says
wondered how you came up with that name. Now I know. Looks like a great recipe.
Jittery Cook says
Thanks Jovina! French wine, Italian pesto, seafood…yum!