The very lovely and uber talented artist Nina Cherney invited me for lunch. First we toured her home filled with her stunning paintings, then I got a good look at her studio where magic takes place. Finally we enjoyed a simple salad with really, really yummy dressing.
Every house needs a dressing, and Kripalu’s House Dressing is a mighty fine choice. Thick, creamy, the perfect foil for whatever pleases your palate, this dressing will make your meal.
Kripalu’s House Dressing
- 1 c sunflower, grapeseed or olive oil
- 1/2 c each water, tahini
- 1/4 c each tamari, lemon juice
- 2 T sesame oil
- 1/2 T each dry mustard powder, chili powder
- 1/2 t sea salt
- 2 cloves garlic
- pinch of cayenne
Purée all ingredients in a blender. Makes about 2 cups. Keeps for two weeks in refrigerator.
- Maybe you like yoga and retreats, or maybe not, but either way you can enjoy Kripalu recipes, bound to be good for your body and soul.
- Food Network has 50 wonderful salad dressings, and here are lots more salad dressing recipes from Eating Well to inspire you.
- Is salad a meal? Try these 20 skinny main meal salads.