This week my in-laws are celebrating their 70th wedding anniversary. Mama mia! That’s a lot of years to be united! Like many families, we celebrate every family event by gathering around a table and enjoying life’s simple pleasures—good company and good food.
Here’s a treat that will enhance your celebrations with good looks, good taste and good health.
5-Ingredient Roasted Veggie Salad
- 2 lbs coloured sweet banana or mini peppers
- 3-4 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, halved and cut in thin wedges, or sliced in thin rounds
- 1 c bocconcini pearls
- Great Green Dressing to taste
Lightly brush zucchini and onion with olive oil and sprinkle with Herbamare or sea salt, then roast or BBQ vegetables for about 15 minutes until softened and bronzed.
Great Green Dressing
- 1 c tightly packed fresh greens; parsley, cilantro, basil, arugula, watercress
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 t each Herbamare, freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 c olive oil
- 2 T balsamic vinegar
- 1 T maple syrup
Blend dressing ingredients in a processor until smooth.
Arrange vegetables on individual plates or in a platter. Drizzle on dressing and scatter bocconcini on top. Serves 8. Can be served warm or cold. Excellent left over.
- If you’re looking for a more substantial salad, add some beans, chicken or salmon.
- Check out Jovina’s ideas for a Salad Night.
- If I love a product, then I have no hesitations in endorsing it, and I do love Herbamare. What is it? It’s fresh organic herbs and vegetables blended into an aromatic sea salt—with much less sodium (sometimes no sodium) than real salt. Quality and flavour—What’s not to love? Check out the recipes and contests at @AVogel_ca and “How do you #Herbamare?”
- Check out the Montreal Jazz Festival or watch this zany music video for an acoustic visual treat: