I attended my first Talk and Tea event at Shri Yoga recently, where we discussed what it means to be in good company and how we can change our thought patterns. I know we can’t control what anyone else does and can only try to control ourselves. I’ve been pondering triggers and how to pause and think things through before reacting hastily.
With all my efforts devoted to responding slowly, it’s good to have a recipe that takes just single digits to prep. Maple Dijon Chicken – in 3 Jittery Minutes was super popular, so I’m certain that you’ll also love Honey Dijon Curry Chicken and Pecan Sweet Potato.
Honey Dijon Curry Chicken to Grill or Bake
- 4 chicken breasts, deboned, skinless, flattened if you are grilling
- 1/4 c Dijon mustard
- 2 T honey
- 3 t curry powder
- 1/4 t cayenne pepper
- 1 T olive oil to spray or brush on chicken just before grilling, if you are grilling
In a baking dish, combine the mustard, oil, honey, mustard, curry and cayenne. Mix well. Add chicken breasts and coat well. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator from 1 hour to overnight.
Preheat oven to 380F.
Bake, covered, for 15 minutes. Remove cover and bake about 10 minutes more, or until juices run clear.
Heat grill pan on medium-high heat with the cover on. Lightly spray or brush the chicken with olive oil. Grill for 6-8 minutes flipping once. Check for doneness and grill a few minutes more, or heat in the oven until ready. Serve with Pecan Sweet Potato and salad. Serves 4. Slice a simple ripe pear for dessert and call it a night.
Pecan Sweet Potato
- 4 small sweet potatoes, baked at 400F for 40 minutes, or until tender
- 1 T coconut sugar, (or your favourite sweetener)
- 2 t coconut oil, melted
- 2 t water
- 1/4 t kosher salt
- 1/8 t cayenne pepper
- 1 c pecan halves
Preheat oven to 350F.
In a medium-sized bowl, combine sugar, oil, cayenne, water and kosher salt. Add pecans and coat well. Spread pecans out on a baking pan lined with parchment paper and bake for 15-20 minutes, tossing once or twice, until toasted.
Slice hot sweet potato lengthwise and stuff with 8 pecan halves. Serves 4.
- Christina Abboud gives a little chicken grilling advice here.
- Here are 7 steps to change negative thought patterns.
- And here are some interesting quotes about company.
- Much as I love the 5 lentil recipes that I just entered in the Canadian Lentils Recipe Contest, I’m giving up hope of winning. Too many good entries! The process was fun, and I was in excellent company!