Are you tired of stealing Halloween chocolate from your children’s booty after a hard night of trick or treating? Do you feel guilty eating up the treats you bought to distribute, then turning away neighbourhood kids empty-handed? If you’ve answered yes to either of these questions, then you need to make a little time in your busy schedule to make a batch of Coconut Cacao Bark. Kiss guilt goodbye. These babies are on the healthy side – if you are able to practice potion control.
Coconut Cacao Bark
- 1 c raw cacao powder
- 3/4 c raw coconut oil
- 1/4 c coconut nectar or maple syrup (less for more bitter-tasting chocolate)
- 1/4 c each goji berries and pumpkin seeds
- pinch of salt
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Fill a bowl with hot water. Place the jar of coconut oil on its side in the water until the oil turns liquid.
Combine cacao powder and salt in a bowl. Add melted coconut oil and stir well, then add coconut nectar and stir well.
Pour chocolate mixture onto baking sheet. Tip the pan to make the chocolate spread to the thickness you desire. Sprinkle on nuts and dried berries. Set in freezer for 1 hour or in fridge until firm. Break or cut into pieces. Store in freezer or fridge.
- Thanks to Biliana Kovacevic for finding Amy Jo‘s Raw Chocolate Bark recipe that inspired this Coconut Cacao Bark.
- This is the third Jittery Bark, so you can try them all and choose your favourite. The first two are Chocolate Nut Butter Bark and Dark Chocolate Bark.
- Maybe you aren’t a chocoholic? Check out these delicious, nutritious snacks below from Crudessence: Chipotle Crunch and Gaïa Blend. Plan ahead with tasty treats to stay clear of all that Halloween junk candy.
- Eat Chocolate (thegoodsisgood.com)
- Raw Coconut and Cacao buttercups! (thefoodmedic.wordpress.com)
- Emma’s pure cacao cup cakes with raw cacao and avocado mousse and raspberry and chia seed jam. (shaktivateblog.wordpress.com)
- Emma’s Raw Cacao Cup Cakes with Raw Cacao and Avocado Mousse Icing and Raspberry and Chiaseed Topping. (shaktivateblog.wordpress.com)
- Raw Chocolate Cake (naturalblaze.com)
- The Coconut Oil Craze! (yourbodyyourcurves.wordpress.com)
- Chocolate week! (sayomtogreen.wordpress.com)
- Raw Cacao Protein Balls (hiitandhealthy.com)
- Pear Almond + Cacao Smoothie (awakenyourwellbeing.com)