Where’s the beef? There are about 12 times as many vegetable-based Jittery Cook recipes as there are meat-based ones. Even when meat is included, it often takes a back seat to the accompanying veggies.
Roasted Pepper Salad
- 4 yellow bell peppers, roasted for 30 minutes, seeded, skin removed and sliced in strips
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 c finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 c chopped parsley
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 T olive oil
- 3 T red wine vinegar
- 1 t kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
Combine the tomato, onion and parsley on a platter. In a small bowl, mix the garlic, salt, pepper, oil and vinegar. Toss the tomato mixture with the dressing. Add the warm peppers and toss gently.
- 1 cauliflower, cut bite-sized
- 2 T olive oil
- 1/2 t kosher salt
- 1 T paprika
Coat the cauliflower in oil, salt and paprika. roast for 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally at 450F until soft inside and crispy outside.
Marinated Filet Mignon
Coat the filet with Veri Veri Teriyaki for a few hours. Add pepper, then broil briefly or barbecue until browned on the exterior and bright pink inside. Serve whole or thinly sliced.
- Silence is golden. Except when you are anticipating comments on a blog. May we please have your thoughts?
- The Pampered Chef – Jittery Cook Event is on for tomorrow and it is going to be outstanding. Christina has a genius plan–Seriously!
- Many thanks to Susan Kasner for sharing her great-find recipes for roasted pepper salad and roasted cauliflower. This pepper salad is referred to as salsa criolla and complements meat or fish.
- Have a look at all these salsa criolla photos.
- Don’t be shy to call Kevin Gillis, at Peasants’ Craft, (613-662-7238) for information on packaging, pricing and various cuts of meat.
- Find out why it’s important to have organic grass-fed beef.
- Thanks to Julia Richardson for passing on the highly recommended Veri Veri Teriyaki. Finally a meal that pleased You-Know-Who.
- Pan-Seared Filet Mignon (kouzounaskitchen.wordpress.com)
- Roasted Asparagus and Mixed Pepper Salad (annashortcakes.wordpress.com)
- Roasted Beet, Asparagus and Arugula Salad (foodologie.com)
- Spicy roasted cauliflower with lemon honey dressing [Vegan] (treehugger.com)