There’s nothing like a good cold soup in the summer. My mom’s version of tomato-based gazpacho is wonderful. We like it so much that we bring a large jar along on road trips. It’s like salad in a soup. This Mango Gazpacho is like mango salsa transformed into soup. It’s a combination of sweet, spicy and crunchy, with a summery aroma.
- 2 c diced fresh mango, small yellow (3 mangoes)
- 2 c orange juice
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 seedless cucumber, finely diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and finely diced (optional)
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, finely diced
- Tabasco sauce to taste
- 3 T fresh lime juice (1 lime)
- 2 T chopped fresh parsley (or can use cilantro or basil)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Blend mangoes, orange juice and oil in a blender or food processor until puréed.
Add remaining ingredients to purée. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Mango Gazpacho Print Ready Recipe
- Thanks to Sonia Ribaux, of Clicking 50, for suggesting this recipe from allrecipes. Her comment: “This is one of my favourite recipes to make in the summer, especially when it’s this hot. It’s sweet and picante and everyone I’ve served it to loves it (at least that’s what they say).“
- You can use store-bought orange juice, but these freshly squeezed oranges were outstanding in flavour.
- For our main dish, my son whipped up Food.com’s Baked Breaded Cod, using half the mayonnaise called for, and it was outstanding. Homemade breadcrumbs from frozen, leftover onion bread. Mmmmmm.
- Healthy soups: Spicy Watermelon Gazpacho (thismamacooks.com)
- Mango-Jalapeño Gazpacho Shots (beautifulmemorablefood.wordpress.com)
- Chilled Mango Soup (ilovesoup.net)
- Strawberry gazpacho (fiveandspice.wordpress.com)
- Gazpacho Soup (persephonemagazine.com)
- 7 (Slimming) Cold Soups for Hot Summer Nights (self.com)
- Gazpacho (foodcomas.com)
- Roasted Tomato and Red Pepper Gazpacho (06.06.12) (fox13now.com)
Claire's Soups says
It certainly looks enchanting! Can’t wait to give it a try 🙂
Arlene Rosen says
It looks yummy Holly!!! Can’t keep up with all your fabulous recipes!!!! Keep them coming! Thanks, Arlene Rosen
Jittery Cook says
It is yummy. I tried it once with fresh oranges and it was super sweet. Second time with store bought orange juice and it tasted great. So, either way…
Can you please advise how many servings this recipe makes?
Jittery Cook says
Serves 6, unless you serve it at a pot luck in mini-portions, in which case it could serve 12.
dorothy salomon says
This looks delish……………… Can’t wait to try it.