Don’t get all excited. Jittery Cook will be posting only once a week for the rest of the summer. Today is the culmination of the Turkey Farmers of Canada promotion week. To honor the occasion, there’s a turkey breast roll marinating right now in my Jittery Cook fridge.
These BBQ Turkey Burgers with Russian Mayonnaise are moist and delicious. My inclination is to add as many vegetables as possible to every recipe.
BBQ Turkey Burger Ingredients:
- 1 dry shallot, finely chopped
- 1/4 c parsley, finely chopped
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 6 large mushrooms, finely chopped (in a food processor–makes 3 cups)
- 1/3 orange bell pepper, stemmed, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/3 c chopped sun-dried tomatoes (in oil)
- 1 t sea salt
- 1/2 t oregano
- 2 t Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 t freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 t chili flakes (optional)
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large ripe tomatoes, sliced (or 2 roasted peppers)
- 9 onion rolls, split and toasted
- baby arugula (or lettuce), dressed with olive oil and aged balsamic vinegar
Russian Mayonnaise Ingredients:
- 1/2 c mayonnaise (or 2% Greek yogourt)
- 1 T ketchup
Combine shallot, scallion, parsley, mushroom, orange pepper, salt, black pepper, oregano, red pepper flakes, Worcestershire sauce and sun-dried tomatoes in a large bowl. Add the ground turkey. Form the meat into nine 4-inch patties, about 3/4 inch thick.
Light a BBQ grill or preheat a grill pan. Grill over moderately high heat, turning, and grilling until a digital meat thermometer, inserted into the centre of the burger, reaches 165F.
In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise with the ketchup. Spread the Russian mayonnaise on the rolls. Top with the burgers, arugula, onion and tomato or roasted pepper slices. Enjoy the compliments! They are well deserved. Serves 6.
- Here’s a list of 101 books to read this summer instead of 50 Shades of Grey.
- Watch 9 BBQ videos for your best grilling season ever.
- Thank you to the Turkey Farmers of Canada for selecting Jittery Cook as your Quebec rep. Congratulations to Susie Martin, winner of the draw for the BBQ Turkey Prize Pack!
- And now, for the next contest: Either you subscribe to recipe2recipe or if you’ve already subscribed, you get a friend to sign-up. You will then be eligible to win your very own set of Jittery Cook grocery bags. Of course, your recipe suggestions are always welcome.
- Grilled Turkey Burgers with Yogurt-Based Sauce (blogher.com)
- Green Chile Turkey Burgers (05.31.12) (fox13now.com)
- Greek-Style Turkey Burgers and Tomato-Feta Salad with Olives (nancycreative.com)