How is it that some people are so sure of what they want that they seemingly make a straight line getting to their goal, while others zigzag about searching for their pathways? Have you decided what you want out of life? Or, are you willing to be surprised and to see what life has to offer?
Whether you move straight or zigzag, the recipe for success lies in taking action and advancing towards the goals you set. And the marvelous thing about adopting new goals for yourself as you age is that you can remake your life in new and interesting directions–like my good friend Myra Aizer Goldberg, who is just now studying hard for her bar exams, graduating from law school two years ahead of her daughter.
This Jittery Cook blog has caused me to redirect my life. Thanks to Barbara Eiswerth for helping my Jittery Cook persona get closer to the goal of sharing fabulous recipes. We can reinvent ourselves, so why not reinvent pesto?
Tomato Basil Pine Nut Pasta Ingredients
- 4 servings penne (12 oz or 340g), cooked al dente in lightly salted water after the other ingredients are prepared
- 4 ripe tomatoes, diced (or substitute cherry tomatoes, halved)
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, crushed in a garlic press
- 1 bunch basil, stemmed and leaves roughly chopped
- 1/2 c pine nuts, slowly toasted in a dry frying pan until golden brown
- 1 T olive oil, (or just enough to coat the pasta)
- 2/3 c grated pecorino cheese (or Parmesan cheese)
Combine all ingredients, except the cheese, with the strained pasta.
Serve straight away with a mixed green salad adding the cheese at the last minute.
- The soon to debut web site Momentum University will guide you in achieving the goals you set for yourself. Got any New Years resolutions that you’ve left dangling?
- My book club is about to discuss ‘A Mountain of Crumbs’ by Elena Gorokhova. It is based on Elena’s story as a young Russian girl who knows very well what she wants out of life. Her writing is hilarious, poignant and touching.
- FYI Barbara Eiswerth came all the way from Oregon to prepare wonderful meals at El Encanto yoga retreat. See the Portobello Mushroom Burgers with Chipotle Mayonnaise post for another Barbara treat.
- See photos of El Encanto and setting up for a picnic and yoga at Secret Beach below.