Caprice Salad with Maple Vinaigrette
- 8 c Mesclun salad or torn lettuce
- 3 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 lb (250 g) bacon, cooked until crispy, finely chopped into bits
- 4 small russet apples, peeled, cored, cut in eighths, sautéed on medium heat in a tablespoon of butter for 5 minutes
- 3/4 c lightly toasted walnuts
Right after sautéeing apples and toasting nuts, while ingredients are still warm, assemble plates. Divide lettuce and scatter equal amounts of cheese, bacon, apple and walnuts. Serves 4 as a main or 8 as a side dish. For a dreamy salad, serve 3 tablespoons of dressing on the side of each plate in shot glasses.
- 1/3 c organic canola oil, organic sunflower oil or olive oil
- 1/4 c balsamic vinegar, red or the sweeter white
- 2 T maple syrup
- 1 1/2 t Dijon mustard
In a medium-sized jar, add all ingredients and shake to combine. Refrigerate to store.
- No, you don’t have to use russet apples, but they were nice for a change.
- Here are 4 more versions of Maple Vinaigrette from Aimée Wimbush-Bourque at Simple Bites.
- This jittery Maple Vinaigrette would be amazing with our aromatic fresh local strawberries.