cooked zoodles, cooked zucchini noodles, hot zoodles, non-dairy pesto, vegan noodles, vegan pasta, vegan pesto, vegan recipe, vegetarian pesto, vegetarian recipe, zoodles, zoodles with pesto, zucchini noodles
Maybe you want pasta? Maybe you want to feel like you’re having pasta without actually having carbs? Maybe you could turn some zucchini into noodles—Call them “zoodles”—then dress your zoodles with a tasty pesto and some juicy, caramelized roasted vegetables?
Zoodles and Roasted Veggies
- 3 zucchini, cut into noodle shapes, making zoodles
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 container mushrooms
- 12 mini peppers
- 1 T olive oil
- 1/4 t sea salt
Preheat oven to 420F. Lightly brush asparagus, mushrooms and peppers with olive oil and sea salt, then roast them for 20 minutes, turning them once at half-time. Cut the asparagus in half, then slice the lower half into one-inch lengths.
- 1/2 c sun-dried tomatoes or black olives
- 2 c parsley, coriander, basil or a combination of green herbs
- 1/3 c hemp seeds
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 1 c pine nuts or walnuts
- 1/2 t sea salt
Combine pesto ingredients and blend until smooth.
Preheat the oven to 420F. In a casserole dish, dress the zoodles with half to three-quarters of the pesto. Roast for 15 minutes, then serve hot, garnished with roasted vegetables. Serves 4, with extra pesto leftover.
- It’s been awhile since I licked the blender, utensils and platters clean.
- Here are the 22 most hipster foods on the planet, and zoodles isn’t one of them.
- This Zoodles and Roasted Veggies with Pesto is so colourful! Can you name 5 white vegetables that are super healthy?
- Happy Easter! Here are 25 recipes for a delicious Easter.