Susie Kessler cooks gourmet food constantly. She’s adventurous, has a super-educated palate and is not afraid to put in effort. Today’s Sheet-Pan Gnocchi recipe is Susie’s adaptation of this New York Times Sheet-Pan recipe. It’s super easy, fun to assemble and as Susie says, the choice of ingredients is very forgiving. If you’re not including pancetta, just use a little olive oil, butter or both.
The family enjoyed this meal to the max.
- 2 (400 g each) packages gnocchi (Olivieri Skillet cheese stuffed from Costco used here)
- 1/2 package (125 g is 1/2 a package) pancetta (Casa Italia from Costco)
- Herbamare salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut bite-sized
- 1 pint cremini mushrooms, halved, then sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded, chopped
- 1 dry shallot, sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 T olive oil
- 1/4 c grated Parmesan
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 -3 finely sliced or chopped scallions
Heat oven to 425F. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss gnocchi with pancetta. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
On another rimmed baking sheet, toss all vegetables with a little olive oil, salt and pepper.
Put both pans in the oven. After 5 minutes, stir the ingredients on each sheet pan. Return pans to oven.
Then stir the vegetables every 8 minutes until done, (but not the gnocchi, leave it alone so it gets crispy on the bottom.) Cook for a total of 25 minutes.
Toss the gnocchi and the roasted vegetables on one tray. Sprinkle on Parmesan and toss again. Sprinkle on lemon zest and scallions. Serve garnished with arugula. Serves 5.
- Just discovered Happy As A Yam specializing in vegan and gluten free recipes. I’d be happy as a yam if author Katia M. cooked me a meal.
- I’ve been reading Storyworthy by Matthew Dicks and am smitten with the man and the message – thanks for recommending, Andrew! I’d strongly recommend you read the book and check out Matthew’s storytelling prowess. It’s a how-to book that can transform your storytelling. Matthew shares the most meaningful moments of his very eventful life in ways that are endearing, entertaining and highly memorable.