“Eat Like You Give a Fork” by Mareya Ibrahim has over 80 forking delicious recipes, a quarter of which I’ve added to my to do-list. I tackled this one tout suite as it’s one of my hubby’s faves. Mareya’s Curry Cashew Chicken Lettuce Cups are light, satisfying and bursting with flavour. If you’re kosher, try subbing fish for chicken. If you’re feeling lazy, use rotisserie chicken instead of poaching. If your husband (like mine) suspects currants are hamster waste, try using Craisins.
Curry Cashew Chicken Lettuce Cups
- 1 lb chicken breast, poached and cubed
- 1/2 c diced celery
- 1/2 c diced apple (Fuji, Gala, Pink Lady)
- 1/4 c cashew pieces, toasted
- 1/4 c currants, or Craisins
- 2 heads Bib lettuce
- 1 T hemp seeds (optional)
Curry Cashew Chicken Dressing
- 1 c plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 T Dijon mustard
- 1 T fresh lemon juice
- 2 t curry powder
- 1 t each sea salt and ground white pepper
- 1/2 t ground ginger
Note: Use less salt if you’re using rotisserie chicken.
In a large bowl, toss chicken, celery, apple, cashews and currants.
In a small bowl, whisk together all the dressing ingredients.
Pour dressing over chicken and mix well. Taste to adjust seasoning.
Serve scoops of chicken in the lettuce leaves. Sprinkle on hemp seeds.
- Wondering why you should give a fork? How’s this for an illustrious description of cookbook author Mareya Ibrahim?
“Mareya Ibrahim is The Fit Foodie, a TV chef, holistic nutrition coach, author and award-winning entrepreneur and inventor. She is the author of ‘The Clean Eating Handbook,’ a signature chef to the NY Times bestseller ‘The Daniel Plan: 40 Days to a Healthier Life’ by Rick Warren, Dr. Daniel Amen and Dr. Mark Hyman and a contributor to Recipe Rehab. Her next book, “The Real Dish,” will be released early 2019 with St. Martin’s Press. Her backpage column, ‘The Fit Foodie’, has appeared in Edible Orange County Magazine for 7 years. Chef Mareya is the host of ‘The Real Dish’ Podcast, was a featured chef on the Food Network, eHow.com, Livestrong.com. and the Emmy nominated cooking show, Recipe Rehab. Mareya has been a keynote or featured speaker for dozens of events, including the Sustainable Foods Summit, The Green Festival, The California School Nutrition Association Conference, The Fit Expo, and The Daniel Plan”. (From Mareya Ibrahim.)
- Watch Mareya Ibrahim‘s Recipe Rehab video below.
- Mareya may be a Rocketwoman, but there’s only one Rocketman!
- Treat yourself to the latest greatest comedy, Booksmart!