Do you measure your cooking by how much love goes into each recipe? Maybe you love the people you’re feeding? Maybe you love the food you’re preparing? Maybe both? Maybe you love the person who fed you this dish? Or the one who gave you her recipe? You can see where this is going. Food and love are deeply intertwined.
Roasted Veggie Lasagna is all about heaping layers of love, any which way you slice it.
Roasted Veggie Lasagna
- 9 full length or 15 short, wide lasagna noodles, cooked according to package directions, laid flat on a dish towel to dry
- 2 c arugula, roughly chopped, (about 2 oz)
- 8 oz smooth cottage cheese (or ricotta)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 c grated mozzarella, plus 1/2 cup for topping
- 1 1/2 c grated Parmesan, plus 1/2 cup for topping
- 1 small cauliflower, sliced 1/4-inch thick, roasted at 400 F for 20 minutes with a little olive oil, salt and pepper
- 3 coloured peppers, roasted at 400 F for 30 minutes, cored, seeded, skinned, cut into strips
- 1 red onion, sliced 1/4-inch thick, roasted at 400F for 20 minutes with a little olive oil, salt and pepper
- 1 garlic bulb, top trimmed, roasted at 400F for 25 minutes with a little olive oil, salt and pepper, skinned, roughly chopped
- 1 heaping cup roughly chopped marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 c tomato sauce
- 10 small, sliced, ripe tomatoes
Preheat oven to 350 F.
In a medium-sized bowl, mix arugula, cheese and egg.
On the bottom of a lightly oiled lasagna dish, spread 1/2 cup tomato sauce. Cover with a layer of noodles. Spread out half of the cheese mixture. Layer on half the roasted vegetables and half the artichoke hearts.
Repeat the sequence: cover with half of the remaining tomato sauce, a layer of noodles, half of the cheese mixture, the remainder of the roasted vegetables and the artichoke hearts.
Top with a layer of noodles, the rest of the sauce, a layer of sliced tomatoes and the reserved cheese topping, mozzarella and Parmesan.
Bake lasagna for 35 – 45 minutes, until bubbling hot. Best made in advance and reheated. Serves 10 – 12.
- Find out what’s to love about cooking.
- Here are 25 lasagna recipes for you to love.
- While you’re prepping your Roasted Veggie Lasagna you’ll have plenty of time to love these seven food songs.