It’s midsummer, or mid-heaven in my book. Bring on more sunny, warm days, Jazz Festivals, Comedy Festivals and all the trimmings that make the splendid months so irresistible.
Char-Broil Great Book of Grilling has been at the top of my to-do list for way too long. I finally read it cover to cover and filled it with sticky tabs and wishful thinking. The one recipe that couldn’t wait another minute is this Greek Potato Salad with Lemony Dressing. It’s not a steak you toss on the grill, but it sure would complement one.
Greek Potato Salad
- 2 pounds potatoes, cut bite-sized, simmered in salted water for 10 minutes until just tender
- 1 c sun-dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 c cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 coloured bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 c red onion, sliced
- 1 c feta, crumbled
- 1/2 c pitted black olives
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 1/4 c water
- 2 1/2 T lemon juice
- 1 large garlic clove, pressed
- 1 T oregano, freshly chopped, or 1 teaspoon, dried oregano leaves
- 1 t kosher salt
- 1/2 t freshly ground black pepper
In a large bowl, mix dressing ingredients. Add potatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, cucumber and bell pepper and toss with the dressing. Garnish with onion, feta and olives, tossing once more just before serving. Serve warm or cold. Serves 8.
- Disclaimer: Although Char-Broil Great Book of Grilling was sent to JC for review, the opinions expressed are genuine. There are tempting photos, cooking techniques and numerous palate pleasing recipes; expect a few more asap.
- How many of these 50 campfire songs can you sing while prepping your Greek Potato Salad?
- Treat yourself to a lengthy, 2 hour, crackling, online campfire session if you’re city bound and longing for country nights.