What do you get when you mix honey, spice, garlic, salt, pepper and olive oil with healthy Brussels sprouts? Honey Roasted Brussels Sprouts — a treat you won’t soon forget. Kudos to Apron’s Publix Cooking School for introducing us to Roasted Garlic Olive Oil, tangy Creole spicy mustard and these irresistible Honey Roasted Brussels Sprouts. Serve them as an appetizer with toothpicks, as a side vegetable or as a snack, and watch them disappear.
Honey Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 1 T olive oil or Roasted Garlic Olive Oil
- 1 T honey or maple syrup
- 1 T Creole spicy mustard
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, trimmed, halved lengthwise
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 425F.
In a large bowl, add oil, salt and pepper to coat Brussels sprouts. Place sprouts on a parchment coated baking pan and roast for 10 minutes.
In the same bowl, combine honey and mustard, then add sprouts, mixing well to coat. Place back on baking sheet and roast 15 more minutes. Serves 3-4.
Roasted Garlic Olive Oil
- 12 cloves of garlic, divided
- 1/2 c olive oil
In a small pan, heat 8 cloves of garlic with olive oil until golden. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Add remaining garlic and blend in a deep container with an immersion blender, or a Magic Bullet. Use in place of regular olive oil to add roasted garlic flavour. Store covered in refrigerator.
- Please forgive the blurry photo — In a rush to devour these Honey Roasted Brussels Sprouts there was clearly no attention to detail. A sharp photo will be swapped in shortly.
- The NYT has something to say about cooking Brussels sprouts.
- Martha Stewart has 26 Brussels sprouts recipes to share.
- Pure Wow has life altering Brussels sprouts recipes.
- Watch Lidia Bastianich prepare Brussels sprouts the Italian way.