Who doesn’t like a creamy, savoury Curried Spinach dish that cooks itself and acts as a warm dip or a side dish? Toss ingredients into your slow cooker, press start, play cards or whatever it is you do when you’re cooking, then resurface 2 1/2 hours later to stir in a little yogurt and lemon. The most challenging part of the recipe is making sure that you have cumin in your spice collection.
- 3 10 oz packages of frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 2-inch piece fresh ginger, grated
- 2 t curry powder
- 1 t ground cumin
- 1/2 t turmeric
- 1/2 t kosher salt
- 1/4 c ghee or butter
- 1/4 c vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/4 c 2% plain yogurt
- 2 t fresh lemon juice
In a slow cooker, combine all ingredients except for yogurt and lemon. Cook on low for 3 hours. After 2 1/2 hours add the yogurt and lemon. Adjust amount of salt to your taste. Serve as an appetizer with taco chips, pepper strips, celery, carrot sticks and endive leaves.
- Go see Lion after snacking on Curried Spinach for an authentic curried movie experience.
- Go see La La Land for a Broadway musical movie experience.
- Here’s 6 mistakes you’ve all been making with your slow cookers.
- Here’s 100 things we didn’t know last year.
- Did you know that eating turmeric may help ward off dementia?
- So long 2016. Welcome 2017. May we all strive to be good to each other, to show kindness and appreciation.