I love coffee — particularly really good coffee. And I’ll go to great lengths to ensure that the coffee I drink has the right exaggerated, bold, rich flavour. I’ve tried Nespresso, Keurig, a percolator and many, many drip machines over the years, and they’re OK. But for a simple, robust, full flavour brew that satisfies yet leaves you yearning for more, I keep returning to my French press.
I’d never heard of Barista & Co’s coffee plunge pot until I was offered one to review. Elegant in its copper coating, it works well with medium to coarsely ground beans.
And while we’re on the subject, here are 7 reasons why coffee is good for you. And now, for the most delicious breakfast you never knew you craved…
Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
- 1/3 c cooked quinoa, hot or warm
- 1/2 apple, diced
- 8 raw cashews
- 1 t each cacao nibs, mulberries, ground flax seed, chia seed, hemp seed, sunflower seed
- 1/4 c Greek yogurt
Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Devour and enjoy your day. Serves 1.
- Have you been keeping up with Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee?
- With just 2 calories per 8 ounce cup and no fat, coffee is a guilt-free health booster.
- More than 2 – 3 cups of coffee a day may increase blood pressure, so check with your doctor before going for a 4th or 5th cup.
- Coffee may be the biggest source of antioxidants in the western diet, outranking fruits and vegetables.
- Don’t forget to make Oat Brancakes for spring cleaning!