I love coffee — particularly really good coffee. And I’ll go to great lengths to ensure that the coffee I drink has the right exaggerated, bold, rich flavour. I’ve tried Nespresso, Keurig, a percolator and many, many drip machines over the years, and they’re OK. But for a simple, robust, full flavour brew that satisfies yet leaves you yearning for more, I keep returning to my French press.
I’d never heard of Barista & Co’s coffee plunge pot until I was offered one to review. Elegant in its copper coating, it works well with medium to coarsely ground beans.
And while we’re on the subject, here are 7 reasons why coffee is good for you. And now, for the most delicious breakfast you never knew you craved…
Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
- 1/3 c cooked quinoa, hot or warm
- 1/2 apple, diced
- 8 raw cashews
- 1 t each cacao nibs, mulberries, ground flax seed, chia seed, hemp seed, sunflower seed
- 1/4 c Greek yogurt
Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Devour and enjoy your day. Serves 1.
Quinoa Breakfast Bowl Print Ready Recipe
- Have you been keeping up with Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee?
- With just 2 calories per 8 ounce cup and no fat, coffee is a guilt-free health booster.
- More than 2 – 3 cups of coffee a day may increase blood pressure, so check with your doctor before going for a 4th or 5th cup.
- Coffee may be the biggest source of antioxidants in the western diet, outranking fruits and vegetables.
- Don’t forget to make Oat Brancakes for spring cleaning!
Andrew blondon says
Holly I really enjoyed making and eating so many of your great recipes Po would have loved some of them too
Jittery Cook says
Thanks Andy. I love knowing my recipes are appreciated! This Quinoa Breakfast Bowl is a new favourite. Perfect way to start the day!
These look great!
Jittery Cook says
Thanks! Just enjoyed switching to mango instead of apple. It’s the kind of breakfast that doesn’t weigh you down. (Now I tried a clementine – my new fav!)