Did you ever notice that some folks like to tell you details about how they slept? (Yes, I’m guilty.) And the details usually aren’t very interesting, right?
Unlike sleep habits, really good recipes are meant for sharing. So if you catch me describing boring nocturnal events, please divert the conversation to my latest and greatest recipe hit, such as this Feta Avocado Spread – just wow!
Feta Avocado Spread
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 endive, leaves separated
- 12 mini peppers, halved, seeded
- 2 avocados, roughly mashed
- 1/4 – 1/3 c each minced red onion, crumbled feta, chopped cilantro
- 2 T each plain Greek yogurt, lemon juice
- 1/2 t lemon zest
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 t Tabasco or Frank’s Hot Sauce (optional)
- red and yellow cherry tomatoes, halved, as garnish
In a medium-sized bowl, combine avocado, onion, feta, cilantro, yogurt, lemon, Tabasco, salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning.
Spread out zucchini slices, endive leaves and pepper halves on a platter. Place feta avocado mixture in a small bowl, and garnish with tomato halves. Let guests serve themselves, topping each zucchini slice, endive leaf or mini pepper with a dollop of just wow Feta Avocado Spread. Substituting parsley and/or arugula for the cilantro is equally delicious. Try serving Feta Avocado Spread on crackers, toast or as a condiment with a fish or chicken dish. Serves 8-12.
- Review these 5 dos and don’ts on the art of conversation.
- Take a look at these 15 good conversation starters.
- Do you know 11 surprising benefits of sleep?
- Learn about aging and sleep patterns —harder to fall asleep and stay asleep.
- Here are 35 delicious ways to use zucchini.
- Here are 12 proven benefits of eating avocado. As my friend Harriet Sugar Miller says, make sure you eat all of that really bright green stuff — the layer just beneath the skin.