Last night a beat up car practically ran me over on the sidewalk, and the driver pulled a gun on me. I tried to scream, but a muffled, cranky noise stayed buried in my throat. And then I woke up.
Clearly this is an indication of unresolved issues, like what to do with the artichoke hearts that are lingering in the fridge once you’ve made the delicious Wild Mushroom Appetizer.
Salad is typical, or you could tuck the hearts into a lasagna. But have you ever considered Artichoke Heart Pesto? Smear it on bread, place a dollop in a phyllo cup, or toss it into a pot of pasta and enjoy.
Artichoke Heart Pesto
- 1 12 oz can artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/4 c grated Pecorino-Reggiano cheese
- 1/3 c parsley leaves
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Blend all ingredients in a food processor and add salt and pepper to taste. Serve on pasta, toast or crackers. Garnish with hemp seeds. No nuts were included, but walnuts or precious pine nuts could be good.
- Have some unresolved housekeeping issues keeping you up at night? Here are some decluttering suggestions.
- Are you seeking the world’s best New Year’s eve parties? Too bad you can only be in one place at a time.
- Here are 25 songs guaranteed not to ruin your New year’s eve celebration.