I just watched the Danish film The Hunt on Netflix with mixed emotions. It’s not exactly a horror film — I’m not a fan of horror films — but if this movie doesn’t make you realize that you’re a hair’s width from peril, nothing will. With great casting, acting and cinematography, it’s a meaningful story about human nature but a heartbreakingly sad tale of maddening injustice. The Hunt brings to mind George Orwell‘s Animal Farm. You may not realize that you know the main character, Mads Mikkelson, as Casino Royale‘s Bond villain or TV’s Hannibal.
This quick and delicious recipe for Chipotle Tuna Potato Cakes will leave you plenty of time for binge watching.
Chipotle Tuna Potato Cakes
- 2 cans tuna, drained, (about 8 oz)
- 2-3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 T finely chopped cilantro
- 1 cup mashed potato
- 1 T chipotle pepper, minced
- 2 large eggs
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 350F.
In a large bowl, mix all ingredients.
Line a baking pan with parchment. Form tuna mixture into 12 patties.
Bake the tuna cakes for 20-25 minutes or until they are browned.
Allow them to cool and serve with salad, sliced tomatoes and a light Greek yogurt feta dill dressing.
Easy party or picnic fare. Serves 4-6.
- Nom Nom Paleo‘s Spicy Tuna Cakes inspired these Chipotle Tuna Potato Cakes with Yogurt Feta Dill Dressing.
- How many ways are there to combine tuna and potato in a recipe? Here’s a slew of possibilities.
- Watch American Film Institute‘s 100 famous movie quotes in under 11 minutes. How many do you recognize?