Have a sweet Mother’s Day everyone! Skip the sugar rush and show your mom you love her with these Savoury Zucchini Cakes.
Savoury Zucchini Cakes
- 9 small zucchini (2 lbs), finely grated
- 1 c each breadcrumbs, grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 2/3 c minced red onion
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 t each sea salt, oregano
- 1/4 t freshly ground black pepper
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 c marinara sauce
Preheat oven to 420F.
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients, except for olive oil. Form 15 flat zucchini cakes on a large baking pan coated with parchment paper or a non-stick baking sheet. Brush the tops of the zucchini cakes with a little olive oil.
Reduce heat to 380F and bake for 35 minutes, or until slightly golden and bubbly hot. Turn off the oven and let the zucchini cakes rest in the hot oven for 10 minutes. Use two spatulas to gently lift each zucchini cake. Can be prepared in advance and reheated.
Serve with salad. Serves 5-6.
- 4 Earth Farms provided the inspiration for this recipe.
- Meet some people who are making the world a better place on Mothers’ Day.
- Ever wonder what moms really want for Mother’s Day? What do you want?