Marc Garneau held the door for me. There’s a statement I never anticipated uttering. He’s both an astronaut and a gentleman.
Marc was on the panel discussing the tragedy of missing and murdered indigenous women in northern British Columbia after a recent screening of Matt Smiley‘s Highway of Tears. This heartbreaking, shameful exposé is essential viewing to understand Canada’s injustice system.
Getting back to Marc, I’d like to thank him for his kindness by offering him this easy, but powerfully nutritious Breakfast of Champions to keep him focused on fighting the good fight.
Breakfast of Champions
- fruit; 1/3 banana, 1/4 apple, 1 cleme
ntine, diced (or berries, grapefruit)
- 1 heaping t each ground flax, chia seeds, hemp seeds
- 1 t each golden berries, mulberries
or goji berries
- 1 heaping t each cacao nibs, chocolate Chia Goodness (both are optional)
- 8 pecan halves
- 2/3 c 2% plain yogurt – Greek yogurt for extra protein
In a medium-sized bowl, mix all ingredients. Serve over oatmeal or oat bran — or eat it plain. Serves 1.
- Do you know the winner of the super seed square-off? It could be a three-way tie.
- Don’t miss Monday’s 7:30 pm Highway of Tears screening at the AMC Theatre, followed by a panel discussion. That’s this Monday, April 13th.
- Watch the Highway of Tears trailer and applaud Montreal’s Matt Smiley for shining a discerning light on some dark conditions.