I love ordinary pasta. Even plain old spaghetti makes me happy and I’ve rarely met a noodle that didn’t satisfy me. But just like it’s fun to dress up for special occasions, it’s equally fun to use these elegant and dramatic zebra farfalle — or any of the decorative pastas from Desirs de Provence‘s unusual selections.
Zebra Farfalle Roasted Veggies with MontAmoré
- 250 g (9 oz) zebra farfalle, or your favourite pasta
- 3 zucchini, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 head of garlic, whole cloves, covered
- 8 oz each mushrooms, thickly sliced, grape tomatoes, whole
- 2 c finely chopped dandelion, arugula or spinach
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 T olive oil
- 1/2 c chopped parsley
- 2 oz white wine, or stock
- 3 oz crumbled MontAmoré cheese
Preheat oven to 420F.
Cook pasta according to package directions.
In a large saucepan, heat the wine. Wilt the dandelion for 1-2 minutes, stirring in the simmering wine. Season with a little sea salt and pepper. Add the parsley, stirring for 30 seconds. Add in the roasted vegetables and pasta. Toss well and serve garnished with cheese and possibly black olives and capers. Serves 4-5.
- According to Sartori, you’re supposed to prepare to fall in love with their MontAmoré cheese, hence the Amoré in the name. So even if you never attempt Zebra Farfalle Roasted Veggies with MontAmoré, treat yourself to a taste of this wonderful sweet, creamy and fruity cheese named for the spectacular Dolomite mountains hovering over the Sartori hometown of Valdastico, Italy.