Potatoes are nature’s way of saying “Don’t worry. You have me so you know everything is going to be okay.” When it comes to comfort food, there’s nothing quite like that crispy skin and velvety center.
And this recipe for Roasted Smashed New Potatoes needs virtually no embellishment to be perfectly pleasing and gobbling good.
Roasted Smashed New Potatoes
- 1 lb small new potatoes
- 2 T olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Ian Scharf does it again! All Ian’s recipes, such as this brisket and these ribs, are excellent. But this is the first that is really simple and yet so perfect. Ian recommends these Roasted Smashed New Potatoes as a replacement for french fries.
- Read this to find out why comfort food in the form of potatoes are good for you.
- How many of these 30 potato fun facts do you know?
- Care to know how the potato changed the world?
- Don’t miss The Imitation Game. It’s movie making meets history, social injustice meets genius, entertainment meets learning.
- And now for something completely different — Here’s a photo of some birthday celebration skit props. Happy birthday to Little Lorry and Little Nancy!