So many have spoken out so sincerely over the past week to describe how we as a society need to evolve to protect those who are vulnerable. The alleged case of abuse by CBC broadcaster Jian Ghomeshi has opened up some much-needed topics of discussion. Had someone asked me a week ago if I would be looking to Ed the Sock for guidance, I would have said, “unlikely.” And yet, Ed’s world view now seems truthful and direct.
Here’s another little something that may spark some discussion. These Asian flavoured burgers with rainbow salsa are lovely and loaded with flavour.
- 1 lb lean minced meat (or poultry, fish or vegetarian substitute)
- 2 T hoisin sauce
- 1 t sesame oil
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
In a large bowl, combine ingredients and form into burgers. Cover and chill for 20 minutes. BBQ burgers for 6 minutes per side or until juices run clear. Serve on buns garnished with lettuce and Rainbow Salsa and a side of homemade, oven baked ripple fries. Serves 4.
- 1 each orange and red bell pepper, cucumber, seeded, finely chopped
- 1/2 mango, finely chopped
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 jalapeno, minced
- 2 T finely chopped parsley
- 4 T plum sauce
- 1 t kosher salt
In a small bowl mix all Rainbow Salsa ingredients.
- Here’s the scoop on diet busting foods.
- What exactly is hoisin sauce?
- Why stop at just Rainbow Salsa? Here are 19 more salsa recipes.