One day I embrace change and the next, I struggle to maintain the status quo. One step forward, two steps back? Is change always good? Being a Libra, I can’t decide. Here’s something I’m not the least bit indecisive about: Veal Roast and Noodles with Velvety Sauce.
Veal Roast and Noodles with Velvety Sauce
- 1 boneless veal shoulder blade roast (1 lb 8 oz)
- 2 small carrots, finely chopped
- 4 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 T olive oil
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme, stems removed, 2 more sprigs as garnish
- 2 c broth
- 1/2 c dry white wine
- 1/4 c T tomato paste
- yellow peel of a lemon
- 1 t sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 10 oz cooked egg noodles
Preheat oven to 350F. In a Dutch oven, combine vegetables, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and thyme. Lay the veal on top of the vegetables and season with 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil salt and pepper. Roast uncovered for 30 minutes.
In a small pot, simmer broth, wine, tomato paste and lemon peel. Pour the broth over the veal and cook covered 90 minutes more.
Remove the veal and cut off the string. Slice the meat 1/2-inch thick. Remove large strips of lemon rind, then purée the vegetables and broth. In individual shallow bowls, divide the hot puréed broth, fold in the noodles, then lay the meat on top. Add salt and pepper to taste and garnish with thyme leaves. Serve with a green salad and a glass of white wine for a perfect fall dinner. Serves 4.
- Quebec Veal Rib Roast Osso Bucco Style inspired Veal Roast and Noodles with Velvety Sauce. The velvety sauce makes a delicious soup.
- Check out this Veal Piccata recipe. It’s top of the heap in Google search for best veal recipe and looks great!
- Here are 45 inspiring quotes on change and 60 more quotes that will change the way you think.