It’s cooling off outside. Even denial can’t keep the house warm. So to create a little natural heat indoors, we break out a bottle of Frank’s RedHot sauce and forget about the weather. This wee recipe is so easy and so tasty, that I’ll bet you’ll be redhot to try it ASAP.
Red Hot Roasted Veggies
- 1 cauliflower, cut or sliced bite-sized
- 4 carrots, cut into thin sticks
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 T Frank’s RedHot Chili Lime sauce, or your favourite Frank’s RedHot sauce
- 1 T Kosher salt
Preheat oven to 420F.
Lay veggies in a single layer on a baking pan. In a small dish, combine oil, hot sauce and salt. Brush sauce on veggies. Roast for 30 minutes, turning once at halftime. Check periodically and remove any veggies that are softened and browned. Keep the bottle of hot sauce handy for dipping, cause some like it even hotter! Serves 4.
Can you feel the heat?
You’re invited to attend a Hotluck Party. What the heck is a Hotluck Party? you ask.
It’s just like a Potluck Party, my favourite kind, only you come armed with a dish that includes a decent amount of Frank’s RedHot sauce.
There’s a brand new Soda Stream in the house, so there will be plenty of lemon flavoured bubbly water to extinguish the flames.
Get your recipes ready, hike up the heat, and get cooking!
Use your own Frank’s RedHot sauce or come over and select a bottle from the nine flavours available.
When: Monday, October 20, 5:00 sharp
Where: Jittery heaven.
Why: Why not?
There are a limited number of spots so RSVP – [email protected]– to get in on the fun.
- Have you heard about the new restaurant called Karma? There’s no menu; you get what you deserve.
- Betcha wanna know if hot sauces are good for you.
- Have you read rankings of the 10 best hot sauces on earth?