Do you ever wonder about questionnaires and what they really reveal? If you want a window into people’s thoughts, the Proust’s Questionnaire is a good place to start. You can even find out which celebrities you most resemble on Vanity Fair’s version of the Proust Questionnaire. I’m practically one with Jane Goodall and quite in synch with Ray Charles. How about you?
Maybe it’s our food affinities that really expose who we are. If you have a soft spot for the gooey, aromatic and sweet things in life, then you’ll surely love these Nutty Fruity Bits.
Nutty Fruity Bits
- 1 1/2 c almonds, soaked overnight, then well rinsed
- 2 c pecans
- 2/3 c coconut nectar, maple syrup or honey, or some combination
- 3/4 t sea salt
- 1 t each cinnamon, vanilla
- 1/2 t grated nutmeg
- 2 each pitted dates, dried figs with stems removed
- 2 T shredded dried coconut
In a food processor, chop the nuts until chunky. Add other ingredients, except for the coconut, and pulse to combine. Pour into an 8×8-inch square pan and press down with a spoon to smooth and compress. Sprinkle on coconut flakes and press once more. Refrigerate or freeze to harden. Cut into bite-sized squares and serve with tea or coffee. Makes 36 small servings.
Nutty Fruity Bits Print Ready Recipe
- Many thanks to my dear friend, Lana Georgieff, for introducing me to Kimberly Snyder‘s Endurance Protein Bars (from the Beauty Detox Foods cookbook), which inspired these Nutty Fruity Bits.
- Lana turned me onto another treat that you may not have heard of—Ruth’s Hemp Foods Chia Goodness Chocolate Cereal.
- Nutty Fruity Bits are gluten free and a great addition to a smorgasbord of sweet offerings.
- Andy Warhol’s 1964 film “Empire” is seven hours of the Empire State Building doing nothing. What’s it like to watch the whole thing? Check it out at the James Fuentes gallery NYC.
- Not so into gooey? Harden Nutty Fruity Bits in a dehydrator at 105F or in an oven left open a crack for 5-6 hours on the lowest temperature possible.
- Baked Summer Roll Baklava. (thenomadiczest.com)
- Pecan Bars! Healthy! Gluten Free!! Paleo Bars!! (kellygetthin.wordpress.com)
- raw carrot cake bites. (gabbytrecipes.wordpress.com)
- Coconut Pecan Date Cookies (myworldofnutrition.wordpress.com)
- Baklava (foodscurious.wordpress.com)
- National Baklava Day (foodimentary.com)
- Baklava (belesaaru.wordpress.com)
- Just trust me… you don’t want to know! (fromfat2fab.wordpress.com)
Jueseppi B. says
Reblogged this on The ObamaCrat™.
me and timothy leary by 97%. now how on earth is that possible, lol?!!
Jittery Cook says
I wonder if Timothy Leary and Jane Goodall had much in common.
cheap jordan shoes says
Coming dressed in a Hyper Jade and Bright Blue color combination. Looking closer this Jordan Legacy 312 comes highlighted with Jade leather across the upper while Blue detailing is applied to the Nike Swoosh logos and tongue. Following we have elephant print on the overlays while an Off-White covers the midsole and Grey on the outsole completes the look.